Customizing and modifying Firefox
1) Firefox only downloads two files at the same time from the same page
Here is a page that describes the fix to Firefox not downloading more than two files from the same site at the same time: Firefox Download Manager 2 files limit
2) Firefox downloader flashes and comes into view when it starts downloading files
3) Duplicate bookmarks
4) Remove that Geegle search area from toolbars, add or remove buttons, resize the toolbars to a small size
Right-click on one of the toolbars, select customize, and add and remove stuff at will by dragging!
5) Have several windows open with Flash items without them playing all at once (Flash games, videos, Geegle Video, YouTube, etc), prevent stupid flash adds from playing endless animations, read long blogs with many flash videos, etc
6) Warning: Unresponsive script. A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
7) Settings that I have to apply to firefox all the time:
- page print settings (page # and title only on bottom of page)
- number of http download sessions
- minimum size of text
- minimize memory on minimize
- remove links bar
- delete contents of links toolbar
- install extensions
- blank start page
- download manager settings
- number of tabs warning limit
8) Multiple home pages
Entries can be separated with the "|" pipe symbol.
9) Extensions: best reason to switch to Firefox
10) Remove It Permanently extension
11) The amazing Esc button stop GIF animation feature
If there is a flashing ad that is giving you a seizure, just press the Esc button and all GIF animations will stop playing. Amazing!
12) Enable cut, copy, and paste in Firefox
There is a good description of what to do to enable this here. However, enabling this just for your site (fe, your website that you are trying to edit) might not have any effect. Before enabling it for all sites (which should fix the problem), make sure that you include FOUR versions of the URL, both with and without the "www", as in:
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", "http://www.mysite.com https://www.mysite.com http://mysite.com https://mysite.com");
It should work now.
˅˅˅ Additional valuable information is available at one of the links below: ˅˅˅
Did you like the article? Let Google Search know by clicking this button:
Page last modified 19-Aug-12 19:09:48 EDT