Rayovac Sportsman Xtreme LED 2AA flashlight review
This flashlight is a great idea.
- Takes AA batteries, which are everywhere
- Small enough for pocket or purse
- Relatively good for emergency purposes (seldomly turned on)
- White, uniform, bright light
- Contact button or always on
- Strap included
- Will even run on rechargeable batteries (but with reduced run time and a problem outlined below)
- Will remain bright until batteries run down, but there is a problem outlined below.
- This is an electronically controlled LED. It will be bright throughout the life of the battery, but there is no indication that the battery is running low. Then, with little warning, the light will cut off. But, you should have spares, and if not, AA batteries can be located anywhere.
- It failed after a year of light-moderate use. But the manufacturer has lifetime warranty. I have tested the warranty. I have sent them the defective flashlight with a note, and got a new one back.
I will strongly recommend a 2 AA LED flashlight as a concept.
Read my page on recommended small flashlights.
˅˅˅ Additional valuable information is available at one of the links below: ˅˅˅
Did you like the article? Let Google Search know by clicking this button:
Page last modified 04-Sep-09 16:40:34 EDT
Previous page: Dewalt flashlight DW919 review
Next page: Thermaltake Bigwater 780e 3U liquid cooling system review