What notes do you have on HTML code validators
Q: What notes do you have on HTML code validators?
- If you get very many errors, try to select another doctype. It might be that you have specified the wrong doctype in the HTML source.
- duplicate definitions: do not get scared by high number of errors and warnings. some of those are duplicates, or several problems with a single line of code.
- unclear specified line numbering: the line number are not the ones you get by opening HTML source in a text editor, so you will need to instead "Show Source".
- no suggestions (esp on duplicates): HTML validators are dumb.
- silly problems with meta tags (does not say that type case should not be uppercase). "meta" (as in the tags themselves) must be spelled lowercase, not META.
- stupidities: capitalization problems with META (must be lowercase) and HTML (lowercase in html tag, UPPERCASE inside doctype tag)
˅˅˅ Additional valuable information is available at one of the links below: ˅˅˅
Did you like the article? Let Google Search know by clicking this button:
Page last modified 12-Apr-12 22:19:46 EDT
Previous page: Sources and further reading
Next page: What installation settings should I use with XAMPP