Free full website spellcheck
Up until recently, there were no available free full website spellcheckers (which can crawl a website and give a list of misspelled words).
The solutions below are currently the only choices available, but none are comprehensive enough:
1) SpellO is a client-side standalone crawler full website spellchecker, and it might just be the solution for you. I have a comprehensive set of articles on SpellO setup, operation, and bug reports.
2) While being not free, and having an unpolished interface, InSpyder InSite ($60) can also be used. This is definitely something for large or commercial sites, but the price may not be worth it for small or profitless websites.
3) There is also a server-side full website spellchecker, Speller Pages. Server-side means that you have to install it on your website.
3) There are some websites which claim to offer free full website spell-checking. One of the examples, currently broken however, is www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/SpellCheckRequest.jsp
4) You can also use trials of all other website spell-checking services. Most limit number of words displayed, but you can correct and recheck several times.
There are also a number of labor-intensive solutions (consisting of crawling or downloading the whole website, converting it into words, spell checking the list, and then finding where exactly those misspelled words are on your website).
Keywords: spellchecker, spell-check, spell checker, spell check, open source, free, server-side, client-side, full website, crawl, crawler, bulk.
Note: ignore references to SpellCheckRex. It is dead.
˅˅˅ Additional valuable information is available at one of the links below: ˅˅˅
Did you like the article? Let Google Search know by clicking this button:
Page last modified 09-Aug-12 10:31:13 EDT