CMS Made Simple
CMS Made Simple is everything that its title suggests. I have chosen it to run MKRD.info, and you should probably do the same.
I have a section on CMS Made simple on the parent website (MKRD.info).
The following is a quick review:
- Passes the installation check
- Very lively and helpful forum. Questions are quickly responded to by very informed members.
- Does not force you to its own organization system. I can immediately start putting pages on your site.
- No significant removal of content and features needed for your own site (some large CMSes have so much content all around page that you did not ask it to put there)
- Content and design is separated. Once you specify a custom design template, you or anyone else can create content that will use the design template.
- User hierarchy (admin, editor, designer)
- There is no single drag-and-drop ecommerce / store / shopping card feature. Several modules exist that you have to combine together to form a store, or use a third party module or even third-party-website hosted solution.
- No multi-site / multi-domain functionality
- No multi-language functionality
- No automatic backups
- No undo or CVS system. After you hit submit after typing in text, or delete a page on the other hand, there is no undo.
- Only a single person can be editing a given page at a time
- More information from my site: CMS Made simple.
- Homepage: CMS Made Simple
- Forum: CMS Made Simple forum
- Test / Demo installation: CMS Made Simple Demo
˅˅˅ Additional valuable information is available at one of the links below: ˅˅˅
Did you like the article? Let Google Search know by clicking this button:
Page last modified 12-Jun-11 14:34:31 EDT