In 5 years, this website has helped 673,192 visitors with 3,062,159 pages of useful and helpful information. Now, I need YOUR HELP!
My electrode sticks during arc welding
If you are experiencing a sticking electrode or intermittent weld, try the following:
- Try a new electrode. Your old electrode might have overheated from incorrect amperage, flux near the end was chipped off, or the electrode is damp.
- Both surfaces MUST be clean and completely rust-free
- Do not touch metal. Hold gun a distance away from surface
- Amperage must be set according to electrode size
- Move electrode at an angle to direction of weld for continuous operation
˅˅˅ Additional valuable information is available at one of the links below: ˅˅˅
Did you like the article? Let Google Search know by clicking this button:
Page last modified 29-Jul-12 17:47:18 EDT